The involvement of children in a divorce does not automatically require the involvement of attorneys. You can still complete your divorce pro se with the legal support available from us.
What Is Included in a Divorce with Children ($295*)
Our pro se legal services for a divorce with children are intended for couples who:
- Have any children under the age of 18
- Have dependent children over the age of 18 with a disability
- Are expecting a child with their partner
The service package includes:
- Printable intake forms to help you gather the necessary information needed to complete the process
- Completion of documents required by both spouses, including:
- Petition for Dissolution of Marriage with Children
- Marital Settlement Agreement with Parenting Plan, which may feature:
- Name change provision for wife to revert to maiden name
- Spousal support plan
- Equalizing payments
- Child support schedule and supporting worksheet
- Final Decree of Dissolution of Marriage
See “Sample Documents” below.
- Live chat help during specified times
- PDF of final documents for signing and filing
If you decide that any provision needs to be changed, you can made modifications to your divorce documents for no additional cost. We include easy filing instructions with your Court-ready legal documents. To start the process, you will need to register (create an account). However, no payment is due until after you have completed the online questionnaire.
Preparing for Your Divorce with Children
More thought and preparation are required when a divorce will affect the living situation of and parental relationships with minor children. DivorceNM.com has developed guides to help both parents think through what they will need to create a stable and financially stable home for their children. Download the Divorce Intake Form and the Child Custody Intake Form. Both forms should be completed before you start your process.
- SAMPLE: 4A-103 – Petition for Dissolution of Marriage (with Children)
- SAMPLE: 4A-301 – Marital Settlement Agreement (with children)
- SAMPLE: 4A-306 – Final Decree of Dissolution of Marriage (with Children)
Additional Legal Support When You Need It
If at any time during the online process you would like legal advice, you may schedule a consultation with an experienced New Mexico family law attorney. Consultation services are available as follows:
Appointments are required.